Why I absolutely love driving

I am realizing why I love driving so, so much. I have always been enjoying car rides for some reason, but I never really knew the reason behind it. When I got my driving licence, I swear, I have never felt such satisfaction. You know what people say, that release and happiness, when you graduate and you realize that "you made it". I am not sure about other people's feelings, but it never came for me, maybe it was not such goal, I did not have time to absorb it. However, the satisfaction, like never before actually came, when I got my license. I knew that behind-the-wheel experience will be something else, and it is. 

For me personally, driving is a definition of meditation. And by that I do not mean closing my eyes, breathing heavily and detaching from outer world. On a contrary, I am as present as ever. Meditation is kind of devided into two categories. Detaching and connecting. I have experienced both. Detaching is beautiful, because for couple of minutes, you leave thid world and you float somewhere between our reality and surreality, like a vibration of light, you see under yourself, and beyond. You understand things, part and apart of everything. 

While connecting, it means for me being absolutely present in what you do. That is why I compare it to driving. When I am driving a car, I actually do not float in my mind, listen to podcast or watching the surrounding nature or smth. I do listen to music though, but it is just a part of the present moment. I focus on the driving, I do not let anything bother me, it is just me and the car. The speed. Nature & music is scenery to make it perfect. Concentrating on driving, nothing else, nothing less. 





Komentáře